International American University’s (IAU) mission is to provide a positive learning and social environment where students, faculty, staff, and alumni can come together to build a campus community of collaboration, prepare students professionally and promote ethical business practices according to Christian principles.
To achieve its stated Mission Statement, IAU:
- Offers an academically rigorous curriculum to meet students’ educational and professional goals.
- Employs a leadership team, qualified faculty, and administrative staff that provide appropriate student services to ensure student success.
- Provides career development through various career services, which include professional development workshops, internships, and on-campus employment opportunities.
- Continuously assesses, improves, and ensures the effectiveness of the University and its programs.
- Creates a Christian campus that is student-centered and where all individuals are valued and diversity is embraced.
Statement of Faith
IAU subscribes to the following statement of faith:
- We believe that God eternally exists in three persons — the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit — having precisely the same nature and attributes.
- We believe God, by the word of His power, created from nothing the heavens and the earth and all that is in them. He further preserves and governs all His creatures and all their actions according to His most holy, wise, and powerful providence.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, good and upright, but fell from his state of innocence by voluntary disobedience of God.
- We believe that salvation is entirely by the grace of God, apart from human works or merit, and that it is received through faith in Jesus Christ, who died for our sins.
- We believe that there is a personal devil who seeks to tempt and separate people from God.
- We believe the bodies of men, after death, return to dust and see corruption, but their souls, which neither die or sleep, having an immortal subsistence, immediately return to God who gave them.
IAU has a goal to be a vibrant Christian university that is committed to distinctively Christian beliefs, values and practices in accord with its mission and objectives. While the university is clear about its identity as a Christian university and its foundational convictions, IAU is intentionally committed to living out the faith and providing an example of Christian values and morality. IAU is strongly committed to guiding our students to become socially responsible, compassionate leaders by making an enduring impact on their communities.
IAU is an interdenominational university and embraces students of all faiths or no faith. The hope is to introduce Christian life and principles to those of seeking a religious identity.