IAU is an approved TOEFL ITP test administrator. TOEFL ITP tests provides IAU a convenient, affordable English proficiency test that can be used for ESL placement, progress evaluation, exit testing and other situations. Designed by the creators of the TOEFL test (Test of English as a Foreign Language) the TOEFL ITP, Institutional Testing Program for English Proficiency, consists of paper-and-pencil tests and requires about two and a half hours. TOEFL ITP is not used for the same purposes as the TOEFL iBT test. The TOEFL iBT test is an official test administered by ETS under secure conditions. Its scores can be used by institutions to make important decisions, such as whether or not to admit a student.
TOEFL ITP Test Center Approval: I4322
- Listening Comprehension — Measures ability to understand English as it is spoken in North America (35 minutes / 50 questions).
- Structure and Written Expression — Measures ability to recognize language that is appropriate for standard written English (25 minutes / 40 questions).
- Reading Comprehension — Measures ability to understand nontechnical reading matter (55 minutes, 50 questions). (FFP Pre-TOEFL contains a separate Vocabulary subsection.)
2016 TOEFL ITP Test Dates and Times.
2015 TOEFL ITP Test Dates and Times.
Telephone: (213) 262-3939
- Choose a Test Date: Please pick a test date from the schedule. The test date must be selected at least 24 hours before the test date of choice.
- Make a Payment: The TOEFL ITP test fee is $60.00. The test fee is non-refundable and non-transferable to another test date. Payments can be made with cash, check, money order, bank draft payable to International American University or with a credit/debit card using the IAU website. If you wish to pay online with a credit/debit card go to IAU’s payment web page. Click on “TOEFL ITP Test Fee (USD $60)” to make the payment. The expected test date and Test Candidate Name must be entered into the customer comment box to complete the transaction. The Test Candidate will not be credited if the expected test date and Test Candidate Name are not entered. A payment receipt will be emailed to the Test Candidate.
- Submit Proof of Payment: Send your receipt to TESTcenter@iau.la to register for the TOEFL test along with the following information: test date chosen from the schedule, full legal name, email address, phone number.
- Receive a Test Registration Confirmation: A confirmation email will be sent to the Test Candidate within 24 hours. You must receive a confirmation email from IAU to be confirmed for the test date. If the payment is received in less than 24 hours from the test date, then the test can be rescheduled to the next test date.
Practice Quiz: The Test Candidate may visit the TOEFL website and practice using their sample questions for TOEFL ITP LEVEL 1.
NOTE: We limit 10 people per test date. THIS NUMBER IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. The seats are registered in the order of receipt confirmation from IAU. We will not be able to reserve test dates unless payments are made in advance with student’s confirmation of registration.
STUDENTS WHO DO NOT SHOW UP FOR THE EXAM OR NEED TO RESCHEDULE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. ALL STUDENTS MUST RE-PAY TO TAKE THE TOEFL EXAM IF THEY MISS THEIR EXAM TIME/DATE.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact TESTcenter@iau.la.