International American University is a Christian-based institution with a mission of the creating and disseminating knowledge, facilitating student learning, preparing students for a career in the business field, and promoting ethical business practices according to Christian principles and biblical teachings while capitalizing on the University’s diversity and location in Southern California area. The university will distinguish itself as a diverse, socially responsible learning community of high quality academic rigor and scholarship sustained by Christian-based principles.
IAU accomplishes its mission by:
- Promoting excellence in education through our undergraduate and graduate programs, and preparing students for success in the global economy,
- Developing student critical thinking skills,
- Providing students with a Christian-based world focus,
- Providing students with career-focused skills to achieve success,
- Supporting students with quality student services efforts,
- Assisting selected students in attaining career goals through University’s internship programs,
- Supporting scholarly research and professional visibility in areas valuable to business and society,
- Building a community of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and business associates through community outreach and public events,
- Welcoming students to explore faith with an opportunity to know and intimately understand the richness and fullness of the Christian tradition and Holy Bible,
- Affirming and fostering the Christian understanding of the human person which animates the educational mission of IAU as a Christian institution, and
- Encouraging life-long learning.
IAU's foundational objectives are based on the university's mission, vision, and values and are measurable.
To create a Christian campus that is student-centered and where all individuals are valued and diversity is embraced.
- Spiritual workshops and Christian speakers available for students
- Undergraduates are required to take religious courses
- Christian ethics and behavior are components of many courses offered
To develop students that are capable of increased intellectual activity.
- Courses are developed with an integrated Christian worldview
- Introduction of non-Christians to the wonders of the Christian faith
- Numbers of students that continue education by advancing to a higher level
- Review of the quality of student artifacts
Statement of Faith
IAU subscribes to the following statement of faith:
- We believe that God eternally exists in three persons — the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit — having precisely the same nature and attributes.
- We believe God, by the word of His power, created from nothing the heavens and the earth and all that is in them. He further preserves and governs all His creatures and all their actions according to His most holy, wise, and powerful providence.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, good and upright, but fell from his state of innocence by voluntary disobedience of God.
- We believe that salvation is entirely by the grace of God, apart from human works or merit, and that it is received through faith in Jesus Christ, who died for our sins.
- We believe that there is a personal devil who seeks to tempt and separate people from God.
- We believe the bodies of men, after death, return to dust, and see corruption: but their souls, which neither die or sleep, having an immortal subsistence, immediately return to God who gave them.
IAU is more than business education-oriented institution, but one that encourages and supports all facets of learning while concurrently promoting Christian principles and morality.
IAU has a goal to be a vibrant Christian university that is committed to distinctively Christian beliefs, values and practices in accord with its mission and vision. While the university is clear about its identity as a Christian university and its foundational convictions, we are intentionally committed to living out the faith and provide an example of Christian values and morality. IAU is strongly committed to guiding our students to become socially responsible, compassionate leaders by making an enduring impact on their communities.
IAU is an interdenominational university and embraces our students of all faiths or no faith. Our hope is to introduce Christian life and principles to those of seeking a religious identity. IAU is committed to distinctively Christian beliefs, values and practices in accord with our mission and vision. While the university is clear about its identity as a Christian university and its foundational convictions, we are intentionally committed to living out the faith within the context of our community.
At IAU, we believe that right doctrine is essential, and we are committed to the foundational beliefs that distinguish Christianity from other worldviews. Yet we are convinced that right practice is just as important, and that following Christ must involve a living faith that is active and transformative for the individuals and the community that we serve. IAU’s goal is to educate future business leaders who do not blindly follow an apocryphal ethical directive, but to teach our students to stand on principles that are biblically based. As a Christian university, we integrate faith, learning, work and service to honor God in all that we do, and we encourage others to join us in these endeavors.
Moreover, today’s business world is a ruthless jungle. Future business leaders with ethics and morals are needed today more than ever before. Historically, top corporate business executives have been frequently criticized for rationalizing away proper and admirable behavior in favor of the bottom line. Middle managers take hits for swallowing their consciousness and sense of right/wrong as they blindly follow the ethics-challenged directives of top corporate management. IAU has long believed that the key missing ingredient from contemporary B-schools is teaching students how to stand on principle. This is especially important for accountants and auditors, upon whom society depends for integrity. Integrity must be nurtured and supported, and if students do not get it in college it’s unreasonable to expect them to get it in the world of business.
IAU faculty are active in scholarship, in both application and academe. IAU faculty are chosen based on a successful tenure in the real world of business, and many continue in business consulting. We feel that students benefit greatly from faculty who have actually “been there and are still doing it.” IAU faculty are credible, respectable, and respected.