F-1 Students Working in the U.S.

F-1 International students may be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer (through Curricular Practical Training or Optional Practical Training). F-1 International students can only work in the U.S. after receiving authorization and with certain restrictions. F-1 International students may still need to seek authorization even if an internship is unpaid.

For more information please visit:

  1. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
  2. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)