PROGRAM ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
IAU shall not admit any student who is obviously unqualified or who does not appear to have a reasonable prospect of completing the program. IAU requires either evidence of an earned high school diploma, general education diploma (GED), ability-to-benefit exam (ATB), or the successful completion of degree demonstrating that the applicant is qualified to complete the undergraduate degree program. The degree must be earned at an appropriately accredited institution or foreign equivalent.
IAU recommends 1 year of full-time professional work experience.
Possess computer and internet skills sufficient to effectively participate in IAU's pedagogical model and conduct research at the undergraduate level.
Maximum Total Credit Awarded is 45 units:
Transfer Credit (TRC): 45 units
Standardized Exam Credit (SEC): 45 units
Challenge Exam Credit (CEC): 45 units
The Associate of Science in Business Administration (ASBA) degree program provides students with the skills to succeed in today's business environment. The program prepares our graduates to assume entry-level positions and will enhance the knowledge and skills of those students who are currently employed, by developing the ability to learn and apply business, leadership and managerial skills. Further, the ASBA program prepares to make a seamless transition into a Bachelor of Business Administration degree program. The program is designed to serve the needs of both fully employed and full-time students and prepare them for entry-level positions in business.
Primary objectives in this program include equipping with students with the knowledge and ability to:
- Acquire a basic understanding and build a foundation in the business field including accounting, economics, management, marketing, management, human resources management, operations management, and strategy;
- Understand the basic concepts of supervision and leadership;
- Develop communication skills;
- Prepare students for entry-level supervisory positions in business and public service organizations;
- Prepares students for entry into baccalaureate degree programs;
- Develop a motivation for and appreciate the wisdom of acquiring lifelong learning.
PROGRAM MODE OF INSTRUCTION
Instruction can be completed through classroom-hybrid and/or 100% online instructional methodologies.
PROGRAM GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
- Student must complete 60 semester units of prescribed curriculum.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of two internships. Applicable to international I-20 students.
- Satisfactory completion of all required course work with a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must apply for graduation and meet all academic and financial requirements.
The ASBA program can take 2-3 years to complete if you are enrolled full time or 4-6 years part time. Students must be enrolled for a minimum of 2 academic terms (e.g. spring & fall) to complete a certificate or undergraduate degree.
|ASBA Program Requirements||Units|
|Associate of Science in Business Administration (ASBA) Total Units||60|
|General Education Module (7 courses / 21 units)|
|BUS 150 Business Mathematics or MAT 200 College Algebra||3|
|COM 100 Introduction to Mass Communication||3|
|ENG 100 English Composition||3|
|ENV 100 Introduction to Environmental Science||3|
|HUM 100 Introduction to the Humanities||3|
|PSY 100 Introduction to Psychology||3|
|SOC 100 Introduction to Sociology||3|
|Core Module (10 courses / 30 units)|
|ACC 100 Financial Accounting||3|
|ACC 200 Principles of Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS 100 Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS 110 Business Communications||3|
|BUS 200 Introduction to Entrepreneurship||3|
|ECN 200 Microeconomics||3|
|ECN 210 Macroeconomics||3|
|INT 100 Introduction to Information Technology||3|
|INT 150 Computer Applications||3|
|MGT 200 Supervision||3|
|Elective Module (3 courses / 9 units)|
|Open electives allow a student to be awarded a wide variety of credit to fulfill this requirement. |
Credit accepted is any course that is not required for major or general education requirements.