Associate of Science in Business Administration (ASBA)
PROGRAM ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
IAU shall not admit any student who is obviously unqualified or who does not appear to have a reasonable prospect of completing the program. IAU requires either evidence of an earned high school diploma, general education diploma (GED), ability-to-benefit exam (ATB), or the successful completion of a degree demonstrating that the applicant is qualified to complete the undergraduate degree program. The degree must be earned at an appropriately accredited institution or foreign equivalent. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
IAU recommends 1 year of full-time professional work experience.
Possess computer and internet skills sufficient to effectively participate in IAU’s pedagogical model and conduct research at the undergraduate level.
Maximum Total Credit Awarded is 45 units:
Transfer Credit (TRC): 45 units
Standardized Exam Credit (SEC): 45 units
The Associate of Science in Business Administration (ASBA) degree program provides students with the skills to succeed in today’s business environment. The program prepares our graduates to assume entry-level positions and will enhance the knowledge and skills of those students who are currently employed, by developing the ability to learn and apply business, leadership and managerial skills. Further, the ASBA program prepares to make a seamless transition into a Bachelor of Business Administration degree program. The program is designed to serve the needs of both fully employed and full-time students and prepare them for entry-level positions in business.
Primary objectives in this program include equipping with students with the knowledge and ability to:
- Acquire a basic understanding and build a foundation in the business field including accounting, economics, management, marketing, management, human resources management, operations management, and strategy;
- Understand the basic concepts of supervision and leadership;
- Develop communication skills;
- Prepare students for entry-level supervisory positions in business and public service organizations;
- Prepares students for entry into baccalaureate degree programs;
- Develop a motivation for and appreciate the wisdom of acquiring lifelong learning.
PROGRAM MODE OF INSTRUCTION
Instruction can be completed through classroom-hybrid and/or 100% online instructional methodologies.
PROGRAM GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
- Complete 60 semester units of prescribed curriculum.
- Complete a minimum of TWO internships. Applicable to non-immigrants only.
- Complete all required course work with a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Apply for graduation and meet all academic and financial requirements.
- Maintain lawful status.
|ASBA Program Requirements||Units|
|Associate of Science in Business Administration (ASBA) Total Units||60|
|General Education Module||21|
|COM 100 Introduction to Mass Communication||3|
|ENG 100 English Composition||3|
|BUS 150 Business Mathematics||3|
|ENV 100 Introduction to Environmental Science||3|
|PSY 100 Introduction to Psychology||3|
|SOC 100 Introduction to Sociology||3|
|SOC 110 Art and Culture||3|
|ACC 100 Financial Accounting||3|
|ACC 200 Principles of Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS 100 Introduction to Business||3|
|BUS 110 Business Communications||3|
|BUS 200 Introduction to Entrepreneurship||3|
|ECN 200 Microeconomics||3|
|ECN 210 Macroeconomics||3|
|INT 100 Introduction to Information Technology||3|
|INT 150 Computer Applications||3|
|MGT 200 Supervision||3|
|The Open Electives Module can be filled with courses that extend beyond general education, core, or major requirements. Open Electives requirement can be fulfilled by taking any postsecondary course at the same level. Undergraduate course codes are 000-499, while graduate course codes are 500-999. The Open Electives Module courses are open for the student to select as long as they are not already a requirement.|
For the course descriptions, click here.
Accounts Payable (13-2011), Administrative Assistant (43-6010), Assistant Manager (11-9199), Book Keeper (43-3031), Financial Planner (11-3031), Shipping Assistant (43-5071).