Academic Calendar & Courses
The Academic Calendar contains important dates for the year. Don’t miss a deadline!!
The Course Offerings document displays all available courses being offered for the term.
- UNDERGRADUATE Course Offerings 2018 SPRING Session 1
- UNDERGRADUATE Course Offerings 2018 SPRING Session 2
- GRADUATE Course Offerings 2018 SPRING Session 1
- GRADUATE Course Offerings 2018 SPRING Session 2
CLASSROOM SCHEDULE BY LOCATION
The Classroom Schedule gives you a quick look at all the current courses being offered at all our campus locations.
TRIMESTER SYSTEM EXPLAINED
Classroom-Hybrid and online courses follow the same academic calendar. IAU utilizes the trimester academic calendar. A trimester system divides the academic year into three equal terms, 16 weeks each. The trimesters are Spring, Summer, & Fall. Each 16-week trimester is divided into two 8-week sessions. Therefore, each trimester has 2 sessions (see below).
Each course is 8 weeks. A 3-unit course is broken into 8 Lesson intervals to measure Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Therefore, each lesson is completed in 1 week. This gives opportunities for the professor to guide, assist, and support your learning process. Within each Lesson, a student will be provided instructions and details as to how to complete the Lesson. Each Lesson is comprised of various activities or assessments to measure your level of mastery of various subject areas. Specific Chapters are assigned to read, discussion questions to be completed, or case studies to be analyzed.
|SPRING (Jan-Apr)||SUMMER (May-Aug)||FALL (Sep-Dec)|
|Session 1 (Jan-Feb)||Session 1 (May-Jun)||Session 1 (Sep-Oct)|
|Session 2 (Mar-Apr)||Session 2 (Jul-Aug)||Session 2 (Nov-Dec)|
IAU will be closed the following days:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Memorial Day (last Monday of May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving (Thursday–Friday)
- Christmas Day (December 25)